Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ideas for Christmas Dinner?

I am still thinking for ideas on how to spend my last Christmas here? Hm.. I would really love to spend it with my friends here, one of the idea is to have a Christmas dinner together. However, I am still looking for the perfect place.
Secret Recipe? They have this amazing chocolate cake "Chocolate Indulgence". If you never try it, you definitely have to!! It costs 20 yuan for one quite-big-slice of this delicious cake.

My favorite 'Chocolate Indulgence'
I was planning to have my Christmas dinner at this restaurant but I am not sure anymore now because I had too much of this cake already, hahaha. The food is just so-so, but I think I will still consider this as an option.

I don't feel like celebrating Christmas by eating at a Chinese restaurant, somehow it's not so Christmasie. So maybe I'll cross out the Chinese food restaurant option.

Pasta perhaps? I miss PEPeNERO so badd, although I've only been there for like twice, both with my mister. ^^

My mister suggested steak. Hm.. A good idea for... a candlelight dinner for us though. Hahahaha.. Not sure for this one since there will be at least 16 people with limited budget (read: pelit, ahahaha, maklum anak kost semua). I wish there are more good restaurants here in Suzhou just like in Jakarta!

Lists for Christmas dinner place options:
- Secret Recipe
- Mister Pizza
- Papa John's
- Yang-yang (Chinese food)
- TGI Friday
- Casa Zoe (Mexican Food)
- Korean Food










Update for last Saturday, December 10, 2011. 
I had this amazing Christmas dinner at a church friend's house, her name is Auntie Gloria, she is an amazing cook! She prepared everything by herself, I so wanna be a great cook like her in the future. ^^ Anyway, last Saturday she prepared turkey (usually she has to prepare for 2 days to cook turkey, but this time because she was so busy she only prepare it for 1 day), ham with honey mustard sauce - super delicious!!, penne pasta, IKEA meatballs (I wish we have IKEA in Indo!), boiled buncis (I don't know the English word for buncis), and one of of her guest brought Vietnamese rolls, uu, too bad I am allergic to shrimp. The best part is the dessert, I LOVE dessert, auntie Gloria made blueberry pie and apple pie, and we ate it. Aaaa, I was so full that day! I wanted to have some more pies but there was just not enough space in my belly. -_- Thank you so much Auntie for hosting such a wonderful Christmas dinner!
All the yummy food!

The kids (the girls on the right are the adorable and cute Elli and Edna, auntie Glorias's daughter)

This pic was taken from last time I had dinner at her place. Left: most delicious apple pie , Right: home-made chocolate cake

Too bad I didn't take any proper pictures for each delicious food, hiksss, adding camera to my wish list.

3 comments:

Candela said...

Buncis = green bean :)
How about potluck??? Potlucknya ga usah bikin sendiri, beli juga boleh. Terus abis itu kalian rame2 have a dessert in secret recipe. Soalnya emang makanan di secret recipe agak kurang sih...

Chatarina Lai said...

Kalo kacang panjang apa ka? Hehe. Thanx btw, potluck susahnya kita ada yang tinggal di dorm dan ga berdapur (salah satunya saya, hahaha). :P Sepertinya sih pilihan jatuh di Secret Recipe supaya yg muslim juga bisa makan daging2an, hehe.

Candela said...

kacang panjang = snake bean atau long bean... hahaha^^ Gara2 (terpaksa) rajin masak disini jadi tau.