Saturday, December 5, 2009

I want my own library..

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading!
How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book!
When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."
~Elizabeth in 'Pride and Prejudice'

When I have a house on my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library. 

I love books so much it's hard to resist not to buy some of them. The thing is books are getting really, really expensive. 
Actually here in China, you can find cheap English novels in many places, it's fake of course, it looks really similar except for the fact that sometimes they made mistakes on some spelling of the titles and the color is a little bit different from the original. It's about 10-20 yuan each.
I bought one for trial, well, the content is exactly the same but still... the feeling is just different. 
I prefer to buy the secondhand novels, it's not that bad really, sometimes you can even find the joy of having a secondhand novel, you get to wonder why the previous owner sell it, especially when you found a note on the cover or at the first page of the book.
Well, anyway, I am wondering what it would feel to be the owner of a library or a book store, do they read the books they are selling? Or will they become bored eventually?



I really wish I can have my own library in the future! 
My "picture perfect" thought: sitting in the centre of my library, lying down, closing my eyes and just feel the perfect ambience, me, myself, and my books. 

No comments: