Sunday, March 25, 2012

Home Sweet Home..

I know I haven't written again for weeks now. I have been busy getting my life back on track in my home country. God has been so good to me despite of some things that has been going on for a while in my family, but anyway everybody have their own issues, who doesn't? So for once, let's just look on the good sides, and be thankful for everything God had given us.

I've been back for almost 3 months now, and yet I haven't started my adaptation program (for the med field thingies). The reason was because I need my bachelor degree certificate, graduation certificate, etc (it was still being notarized etc in China, the process took weeks), but as for now, one more baby step, I just got all the documents and made copies of it and I am ready to move on to the next step which is going to DIKTI and let the government do its job. I probably will go to DIKTI next week (there is this one document though [read: LOG BOOK] which is required for the 'penyetaraan ijazah' process, and what a coincidence my uni doesn't have yet, someone in the uni is working on it and I heard it will be about 500 pages or so which means I have to print out 500 pages myself, mannn, more money to spend on nothing). -_- Sometimes I feel like stopping, I just want to take the easy way out, just quit on medicine and start looking for other options. It's not that I don't want to be a doctor, but it really take lots of my time (and my parent's money). My parents are getting old and I am so afraid of losing them. God help!
Anyway that's for the medicine thingies. Status: complicated.

Still about me and my working life. While I was waiting on my certif etc, I looked for job vacancies in schools, hospitals (this one is tricky, since I don't have license to practice medicine, I basically can't work as a doctor eventhough I am a doctor already, except if I have a strong connection, but that would be a nepotism, but that's a part of INDONESIA culture) - back on the joba vacancies: I finally got one interview on early Feb, it was for a position of Assistant Teacher in one of International Preschool in South Jakarta, I was called on Tuesday afternoon, I did an interview on Wednesday morning, did a teacher trial on Thursday and officially became a Teacher Assistant on Friday, February 10, 2012. FYI, I love children! Many people keep on asking me why did I apply for the job (outside med field), but for me doing something is so much better than doing nothing, honestly, I can't just spend time waiting and doing nothing and also I want to know what working life is all about and get experience (getting to know new people) and plus I really want/NEED to earn my own money (kalo ga kapan marriednya?? - #jeritanhati #curhatcolongan). I actually got another chance to interview as a doctor in one of 'Lembaga Swadaya Masyarakat' in Bogor, but since I already took the teaching job and decided to commit to it for now, I didn't go to the second interview. I hope I made the right decision, I hope this is what God plan is for me. I trust my life in God and I believe everything happens for a reason.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer"- Romans 12:12

2 comments:

Candela said...

Working with children must be fun Li!! I think I should try to apply for one too here... *idea!!!*

Chatarina Lai said...

Iyaa ka Dian, but need lots of patience too. :D I really think the work is suitable for you since it involves so many arts & crafts project. Semangat job hunting!